… And you know that notion, just crossed my mind. (Casey Jones, GD)
I’ve been listening to the Dead for years and, almost 30 years later, I still remember the very first Grateful Dead song I heard.
I was at a local pool hall that served beer and allowed cute young girls to hang out and shoot pool as long as they stayed away from the bartenders. Which I did, mostly…
Anyway, Casey Jones came across the loud speaker and I was entranced. Completely. I couldn’t move.
My body was twisted tightly into the melodic jam of a band that I’d never heard before, but one I’d grown to love by the end of that song.
I truly believe that there are two universal languages that cross all other language and cultural boundaries here on Earth… math and music. With music having the most enjoyable and deepest impact on most human beings… of course.
I’ve recently met a man who is attentive and responsive and loves telling me how gorgeous I am, almost daily, and loves not only taking me out but making certain that when we stay in that it is still a date with some nice food and drink, some wonderful chats and massages, and just all around attentiveness.
When he comes over, it’s a stay home date not just a booty call.
He is not poly, but loves that I am. He is very supportive and not at all jealous. He is not ready for a longterm commitment and in fact, was not even dating, until he met me.
Or until I introduced myself anyway.
I broke my rule of never saying hi first because there was just “something” about him. And I’m so glad I did.
He communicates with me. He doesn’t lie or with hold his thoughts and feelings because he thinks I’m a fragile piece of glass that needs to be protected. He doesn’t avoid important conversations because he’s too much of a coward to tell me the truth.
It’s very refreshing. Especially with what I’ve dealt with the last two months from men. They either show apathy or ownership. It’s nice to date someone who respects me… finally.
So these are the new dating rules I’ve incorporated into my life… with his support and help, btw. 😉
1. Must love music (except rap, it’s all degrading to women especially Christian Rap). I react especially favorable to gifts of music… personalized mixed tapes in particular.
2. Must love animals, come on, unless you’re severely allergic, you better have a pet or I won’t date you.
3. Must read. Something. I don’t care what you read, but there better be a few favorites you can tell me about when I ask.
4. I won’t make the mistake of introducing anyone other than a committed partner/boyfriend to my daughter ever again. You don’t get the chance to break her heart.
4. Must not break more dates than you show up for, especially booty calls. I have a black book full of men who have given me amazing orgasms so I’ll definitely call one of them next time if your lack of skills in the female orgasm or your constant breaking of dates leaves me dissatisfied. Only my boyfriend gets a second chance.
And, now it’s time for a little GD…